Monday, January 30, 2012

First Blog of 2012

2012.  A New Year.  It brings new expectations and new hopes for changing for the better.  Last year I made my resolutions, and for the most part I’ve stuck with them to this day.  I haven’t regretted one single minute.  My life feels fuller, it feels more blessed, and I truly recognize how lucky I am.  Leave it to the year you turn 30 to make you re-examine yourself and your life.

This year I want to continue to participate, continue to challenge myself and continue to try and be someone other people want to be around, but those technically weren't my resolutions.

In all honestly I only made one resolution this year, and I broke it on the second day, so it doesn’t say much about the resolution or my commitment level.  Coke is just too good, and I love my mid-day treat with lunch.  I need to go back to convincing myself that water tastes just as yummy.  I have a hard time with that.

And I apologize for the lack of blogging, as I’m sure everyone has been anticipating some excellent little passions.   Stay tuned for some very passionate posts (for me at least) on sauces, being left-handed, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Who wouldn’t be passionate about those things?  I guess if you love your food dry, are right-handed, hate the Easter holiday and think orange powdered cheese gives you cancer, then you might not, but let’s not dwell on your imperfections (I kid, I kid).

To sum up, this year will be great – I can feel it in my 30-something year old bones, and I go forth with the knowledge that it will be lucky, because I had my black-eyed peas on the 1st.  Yay for 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I finally found your blog...I had to go to your Facebook page to get the address...i was forgetting the .blogspot part.
    I gave up soda last year also...made it 6 months. I gave it up again this year as part of lent...lets hope it continues.
    I am looking forward to your blog on being left-handed as well as your other blogs. (I'm typing this comment left-handed!!)

    ReplyDelete